REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
ALABAMA HOME INSPECTOR LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME AN ALABAMA HOME INSPECTOR
- ♦ Alabama home inspection education hours: 120 hours (effective March 15, 2020)
- ♦ Inspections: Participation in 35 home inspections (effective March 15, 2020)
- ♦ Exam Required: ASHI and NHIE
- ♦ Application Fee: $300 (other fees may apply)
- ♦ Other:
- Draft home inspection reports for 25 home inspections, 10 of which must be reviewed and corrected by a qualified home inspector (effective March 15, 2020)
- Applicant must meet one of four professional qualifications (see full details)
- ♦ Insurance Requirements: Obtain bodily injury and property damage liability insurance covering the applicant’s home inspection operations in the sum of not less than $20,000 for injury or damage to property; $50,000 for injury or damage, including death, to any one person; $100,000 for injury or damage, including death, to more than one person; and $250,000 of E&O coverage.
- ♦ Notarized application is required.
- ♦ Background check and fingerprints are not required.
Home Inspection License Expiration: 12/31 every year (filed by 10/1)
ALABAMA HOME INSPECTOR CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- ♦ No continuing education required for renewal
ALABAMA STATE LICENSING BOARD