REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
ALASKA HOME INSPECTOR LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A ALASKA HOME INSPECTOR
- ♦ Home Inspector Registration Application Packet
- ♦ Exam Required: ASHI/NHIE/ICC (depending on what you want to inspect)
- ♦ Application Fee: $300 (other fees may apply)
- ♦ Insurance Requirements: Surety bond: $10,000; Liability insurance: $20,000 property damage, $50,000 injury or death to one person, $100,000 injury or death to more than one person.
- ♦ Notarized application is required
- ♦ No background check, but need to disclose, and fingerprints are not required
- ♦ No minimum age requirement
Home Inspection License Expiration: 6/30 every two years (even)
ALASKA HOME INSPECTOR CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
♦ 18 hours every two years
ALASKA STATE LICENSING BOARD
♦ Division of Corporations, Business, and Professional Licensing establishes the Alaska Home Inspector Licensing Requirements