REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
INDIANA HOME INSPECTOR LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME AN INDIANA HOME INSPECTOR
- ♦ Indiana home inspection education hours: 60 hours
- ♦ Inspections: 12 hours of practical experience included in part of the 60 hours
- ♦ Exam Required: NHIE
- ♦ Application Fee: $50 (other fees may apply)
- ♦ Insurance Requirements: General liability coverage for at least $100,000
- ♦ Notarized application, background check, and fingerprints are not required.
- ♦ Minimum age requirement: 18 years old
- ♦ High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 10/1 every two years (odd)
INDIANA HOME INSPECTOR CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- ♦ 32 hours every two years
INDIANA STATE LICENSING BOARD
♦ The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency establishes the Indiana Home Inspector Licensing Requirements.