REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
KENTUCKY HOME INSPECTOR LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A KENTUCKY HOME INSPECTOR
- ♦ Kentucky home inspection education hours: 64 hours
- ♦ Inspections: 3 unpaid inspections under the supervision of a Kentucky licensed home inspector
- ♦ Exam Required: NHIE
- ♦ Application Fee: $250 (other fees may apply)
- ♦ Insurance Requirements: General liability coverage for at least $250,000
- ♦ Background check required: Kentucky State Police and FBI
- ♦ Minimum age requirement: 18 years old
- ♦ Notarized application and fingerprints are not required
- ♦ High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Every two years (even) on last day of birth month
KENTUCKY HOME INSPECTOR CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- ♦ 14 hours annually. After initial renewal, license will expire on even-numbered years with a total of 28 hours needed.
KENTUCKY STATE LICENSING BOARD
♦ Kentucky Office of Occupations and Professions Board of Home Inspectors establishes the Kentucky Home Inspector License Requirements
♦ American Home Inspectors Training is a Kentucky Board of Home Inspectors approved pre-license education provider (ID# HI-1012).